Wednesday, April 27, 2016

New Poetry by James Babbs











The Color of the Sky

sitting at home
alone
feeling kind of lonely
and months have passed
since the last time
I was in love
summer has come and gone
and fall has started to
give way to another winter
the mornings just a little colder
the color of the sky seems different
and the light doesn’t last as long
and I keep asking questions
that have more than one answer
and sometimes none of them
are the answer I was hoping for
almost dark again and
I lean forward in my chair
before getting to my feet
and I understand the broken things
can’t always be mended
sometimes
it’s better to throw them away
and start over again


- James Babbs 2016


James Babbs continues to live and write from the same small Illinois town where he grew up.  He has published hundreds of poems over the past thirty years and, recently, a few short stories.  James is the author of Disturbing The Light(2013) & The Weight of Invisible Things(2013).

No comments: