Wednesday, November 07, 2012

New poetry by Ivan Jenson










You Noticed

Sometimes
I just disappear
into the patterns
of the tablecloth
and wallpaper
and at other times
I am the floral
centerpiece
sometimes I
am the embarrassing
coffee stain
but sometimes
I am the
vintage wine
sometimes
I am the
apple cider
of your eyes
and then
suddenly
I am as far
away as
the man on the
quarter moon
taking a cold
meteor shower
a sight only
a geek
with a telescope
would be
interested in
and sometimes
you give me
one hundred
percent of your
attention
and I am
a crowned
prince of
infinite
possibilities
and ruler
of your smile


- Ivan Jenson 2012



Scripted Lines

After negotiating
with the big boys
of Hollywood
I am now signing
with my barely legible
John Hancock
a finely printed
contract
which
stipulates
that my dreams
made of American
idioms, and
cute colloquialisms
with roots in
ancient latin
slurs and peppered
with up-to-the-minute
expletives
(to add that
authentic street cred)
will be transformed
into a glamorous
love and gorefest
a virtual visual feast
complete with
an A- list drama queen
and king
and I hereby hope
that this is the beginning
of my ragged riches
because my jagged journey
filled with speed bumps
has tired my spinning tires
and I would much prefer being
sun-glassed, spray-tanned
and jaded
in a window tinted
Jaguar


- Ivan Jenson 2012


Ivan Jenson’s Absolut Jenson painting was featured in Art News, Art in America, and Interview magazine. His art has sold at Christie’s, New York. His poems have appeared in Word Riot, Zygote in my Coffee, Camroc Press Review, Haggard and Halo, Poetry Super Highway, Mad Swirl, Underground Voices Magazine, Blazevox, and many other magazines, online and in print. Jenson is also a Contributing Editor for Commonline magazine. Ivan Jenson's debut novel Dead Artist is available as a paperback and on Amazon Kindle and Nook. His new novel a psychological thriller entitled Seeing Soriah is now available as an eBook or in Paperback on Amazon.


No comments: