Thursday, August 09, 2007

Neighbours

Since I launched this blog in October of 2005 I have frequently eyed off that "next blog" button at the top of the page, but for some reason never got around to clicking it until today. It is always a good idea to check out your neighbours. Mine one blog up happens to be a young kid from Singapore, I think, with an interest in photography, violent weather systems and himself. He seems harmless enough, a little nerdy, perhaps, but then I run a poetry blog. The guy after that seems to be obsessed with motorcars and tits and not much else. One of those places where a bogus "your computer may be infected!!" sign pops up the instant you happen on it. He seems to have managed to remove his "next blog" button, the guy at the end of the street with the two rottweilers and the ten foot fence emblazoned with "my home is my shooting gallery".

All you happy bloggers out there should try the same thing. As I say, it's always good to know who your neighbours are, and it may help give you some idea what the decade's grand pariah, Andrew Keen, is really on about (beyond sour grapes and that odd English petulance borne of the class system and the weather masking itself with intellectual airs and graces).

He really is an antsy little so and so, but does he have a point about this blogger world of ours with its lack of checks and balances, of editorial protocol and the self-censorship of the market? Before answering, I refer you to my previous post headed "The Chains Tighten".

No comments: